< Back to Exhibitions
Artists living within 200 miles of Quincy, Florida, or former Gadsden County residents, are invited to apply to participate in the 31st Art in Gadsden: Regional Exhibition of Fine Art. This exhibition draws visitors and patrons from across the region each year, showcasing art by the area’s top artists. New and returning, established and emerging artists are welcome to apply.
The Gadsden Arts Center & Museum is an American Alliance of Museums Accredited museum located on Quincy’s historic courthouse square, just 20 miles northwest of downtown Tallahassee in the historic 1912 Bell and Bates hardware store building. Gadsden Arts offers museum quality exhibition spaces infused with unique and beautiful historic character.
How to apply
Applications are only accepted online, by filling out the form below by 5:00pm EST, Friday April 12, 2019
- Complete contact information
- Upload 1 page biography/artist statement
- Complete artwork details
- Upload images
- Pay fee via PayPal (you can use your own credit card)
To enter, artists 18 years or older must submit images of at least two, but no more than three, original works of art created after January 1, 2017, and not previously exhibited at the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum. Video art and jewelry are NOT accepted. A fully completed Art in Gadsden exhibition application must be submitted online by midnight on April 12, 2019.
The Exhibition Committee accepts works that are cohesive in nature, and prefers to see 2-3 works that are similar in medium and style from an artist in order to better understand an artist’s work. Please be selective when submitting images for Art in Gadsden.
An estimated $3,500 in total cash awards for Best in Show, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be given at the Opening Night Reception and Awards Ceremony. The Gadsden Arts Center & Museum Exhibition Committee selects the works accepted into the exhibition by digital image; the juror selects the award winners from the work on display in the museum.
The juror for the 31st Art in Gadsden will be announced soon.
Letters of acceptance or non-acceptance will be mailed by May 10, 2019.
Artwork Delivery & Pick up
Accepted artwork must be delivered to the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum on Monday, June 3, 2019, between 10am–5pm. Artwork must be picked up on Monday, August 26, 2019, between 10am–5pm. Artwork may be shipped but must include a pre-paid return shipping label. Gadsden Arts Center & Museum does not handle sales through the exhibitions; insurance/market value of each piece will be shared with prospective buyers who will then be referred to the artist.
- April 12, 2019 – Applications due
- May 10, 2019 – Notifications of acceptance mailed
- June 3, 2019 – Art due at Gadsden Arts Center & Museum
- June 14, 2019 – Evening Reception for Members Only
- June 15, 2019 – Opening Day
- August 24, 2019– Last day of the exhibition
- August 26, 2019 – Art pick up
- Artists must submit at least two (but no more than three) digital images representing original artwork (uploaded online). No prints, copies, or works that have been previously exhibited at the museum will be accepted.
- All accepted two-dimensional work that requires glazing must be submitted framed with plexi-glass, not glass. All two-dimension work that is meant to hang on a wall must be submitted with wire attached to the back (no sawtooth hangers).
- Three-dimensional works must be self-supporting, stable, and weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Staff reserves the right to reject work that is not properly presented for installation.
- The Gadsden Arts Center & Museum (GACM) does not participate in the sale of artwork from exhibitions on display in its exhibition galleries. The Museum does not take a commission on artwork sold, but it is the responsibility of the artist. If artwork is for sale, the museum will share the price with prospective buyers and forward the buyer information to the artist. All artwork must remain with the exhibition until it closes.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be accepted
- All entries must include a maximum one-page artist statement/biography
- All entering artists must be members of Gadsden Arts. All entries must include a nonrefundable entry fee of $25. Non-members pay $25 plus a membership fee, either $45 individual level ($70 total), $25 senior level ($50 total), or $10 Student level ($35 total).
- All accepted artists are required to submit an additional $10 handling fee, due at the time of artwork delivery on June 3, 2019.
- Accepted digital images will be retained for GACM archives and permission to reproduced accepted images for publicity or educational purposes is assumed with submission of the entry. The signing of the Loan Agreement submitted with art drop off is an agreement to these conditions.
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight on April 12, 2019- no paper entries will be accepted. Late entries will not be considered.
Entry Procedure: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Complete the Art in Gadsden Application Form online (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Please note that the artwork information written on your application cannot be changed.
- Only digital image files uploaded will be accepted. A work that deviates in appearance from the submitted digital file will be removed from the exhibition.
- At least two, but no more than three works can be submitted, one image per work.
- Save images at 300dpi resolution (no smaller than 4x6inches), no more than 3MB file size.
- Pay via Paypal a $25 non-refundable jury fee; all entering artists must be members.
Applications due April 12, 2019.
Late entries not accepted.
Please only click "Submit" ONCE. The files have to be uploaded, and it may take a second.
Once you hit submit, you will be redirected to Paypal to submit your credit card information. If you receive an error message, please contact Angie Barry at 850-627-5021 or email@example.com. Thank you.