< Back to Exhibitions
Applying for the 28th Art in Gadsden:
Regional Exhibition of Fine Art
Artists living within 200 miles of Quincy, Florida, or a former Gadsden County resident are invited to apply to participate in the 28th Art in Gadsden: Regional Exhibition of Fine Art. This exhibition draws visitors and patrons from across the region each year, showcasing art by the area’s top artists. New and returning, established and emerging artists are welcome to apply.
The Gadsden Arts Center is an American Alliance of Museums Accredited Museum located on Quincy, Florida’s historic courthouse square, just 20 miles northwest of downtown Tallahassee in the historic 1912 Bell and Bates hardware store building. Gadsden Arts offers museum quality exhibition spaces infused with unique and beautiful historic character.
Nationally known allegorical painter Carrie Ann Baade has been selected as the juror for the 28th Art in Gadsden. Her work has been exhibited in museums and galleries nationally and internationally. Baade is an Associate Professor in the Department of Art, College of Fine Arts at Florida State University.
How to apply:
- Online, below, by midnight on August 5, 2016 OR;
- Download and print an application and mail complete application by August 5, 2016 to: 28th Art in Gadsden Selection Committee, Gadsden Arts Center, 13 N. Madison St. Quincy, FL 32351 OR;
- Request a copy of the application via email: email@example.com
To enter, artists 18 years or older must submit images of at least two, but no more than three, original works of art created after January 1, 2014, and not previously exhibited at the Gadsden Arts Center. Video art and jewelry are NOT accepted. A fully completed Art in Gadsden exhibition application must be submitted online by midnight on August 5, 2016. If you are mailing an application, it must be postmarked by August 5, 2016, including the images, entry fee, and artist's statement. Only complete applications will be accepted.
An estimated $3,500 in total cash and awards will be presented. The Gadsden Arts Center Exhibition
Committee selects the works accepted into the exhibition; the juror selects the award winners.
Letters of acceptance or non-acceptance will be mailed by September 5, 2016.
Artwork Delivery & Pick up
Accepted artwork must be delivered to the Gadsden Arts Center on Wednesday, October 5, 2016, between 10am–5pm. Artwork must be picked up Tuesday January 3, 2017, between 10am–5pm. Please, no exceptions. Artwork may be shipped to the Gadsden Arts Center but must include a pre-paid return shipping label (UPS is strongly recommended).
August 5, 2016 – Applications due
September 5, 2016 – Notifications of acceptance mailed
October 5, 2016 – Art due at Gadsden Arts Center
October 14, 2016 – Opening Reception
December 23, 2016 – Las day of exhibition
January 3, 2017 – Art pick up
- Artists must submit at least two (but no more than three) digital images representing original artwork (uploaded online). No prints, copies, or works that have been previously exhibited at the Gadsden Arts Center will be accepted.
- All accepted two-dimensional work must be submitted properly framed with plexi glass and wire (no sawtooth hangers or glass). Three-dimensional works must be self-supporting, stable, and weigh less than 50 pounds. Staff reserves the right to reject work that is not properly presented for installation.
- Artwork information written on your application cannot be changed.
- The Gadsden Arts Center does not participate in the sale of artwork from exhibitions on display in its exhibition galleries. Staff will share artists’ contact information (email and/or phone) listed on the Loan Agreement with any prospective buyers.
- All entries must include a maximum one-page artist statement/biography and
- All entries must include a nonrefundable entry fee: $25 members. Non-members pay $50, which includes an Individual Membership to the Gadsden Arts Center.
- All accepted artists are required to submit an additional $10 handling fee, due at the time of artwork delivery on October 5, 2016.
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight on August 5, 2016. Late entries will not be considered.
Entry Procedure: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Complete the Art in Gadsden Application Form (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Please note that the artwork information written on your application cannot be changed.
- Only digital image files uploaded will be accepted. A work that deviates in appearance
from the submitted digital file will be removed from the exhibition.
- At least two, but no more than three works can be submitted, one image per work.
- To save and submit files, use the following file name format: last name_first initial_corresponding letter (A,B,or C).jpg (For example,
Angie Barry’s IMAGE A file should be renamed: Barry_a_A). Save all works as jpeg (.jpg) files.
- Save images at 300dpi (no smaller than 4x6inches), no more than 3MB file size.
- Pay vial Paypal a $25 non-refundable jury fee; $50 for non-members (includes an individual membership).
Applications due August 5, 2016.
Late entries not accepted.
Please only click "Submit" ONCE. The files have to be uploaded, and it may take a second.
Once you hit submit, you will be redirected to Paypal to submit your credit card information. If you receive an error message, please contact Angie Barry at 850-627-5021 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.